Problems with Left Dash Pro by Starkey

I really like my dash and it has been working as advertised until recently. Unfortunately my left dash pro starkey stopped playing music or any streaming audio or uploaded audio. I have the latest firmware and have had no problems up to now. It simply stopped playing music/audio . The right dash works as expected but the left dash no longer plays anything in sync with the right. It still responds to taps and swipes and even gives voice feedback like ‘transparency on/off’ or ‘windshield’. It also still allows me to choose an activity. When placing it in the case it breathes in sync with right dash and charg s through the color codes.

I tried placing in case to rectify itself. I also tried resetting with 3 second hold using a pin. So far nothing seems to fix my problem. Next I left the dash battery drain to shut it off hoping that after I recharge it will fix itself.

Needless to say, this was a costly purchase and I hope my custom made dash can be resuscitated. I just reported it to Bragi Customer Service. Let’s see when and what they’ll respond with.

Does anybody else have this problem and found a fix?

Yes! I am experiencing this exact problem. I have tried the rapid update, resetting, and re-syncing the device. I wrote about my experience here.

Basically, I am going to return the device to the audiologist next week. If Starkey will try and fix it, and let me return it if it doesn’t work, I’ll do that. But if they are unsure they can fix it I will just return the device. This has been extremely disappointing.

I am currently going through the same troubleshooting process with Bragi team. Also performed a Recovery Update, downloaded and uploaded files per instructions. The team is very responsive but it is really slow moving over email. So far nothing seems to be fixing the left dash problem. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I am slowly loosing hope this can be fixed via software updates.

Replacing the HearClear (little white plug at the end of Dash Pro) solved the problem. The left Dash is now playing music again. I wish I had understood what the HearClear is and tried replacing it much earlier. It would have saved me a lot of hassle. Bragi now again has a happy satisfied customer.

…Bragi, you should try to speed up the troubleshooting for clients. Troubleshooting over email with one or two email suggestions a day or every other day is not a good client experience and becomes frustrating as time progresses and the problem is not solved. In my case we solved the problem but I was very close to giving up and send back my Dash for a refund or replacement.

Replacing the HearClear (little white plug at the end of Dash Pro) solved my problem. The left Dash is now playing music again. I wish I had understood what the HearClear is and tried replacing it much earlier. It would have saved me a lot of hassle. Bragi now again has a happy satisfied customer.

I had a similar issue with my Dash, the one thing i can say is to keep the both devices clear of wax build-up. Also the charger can hold wax build-up.