Left Dash Pro Dead ,,,, ! HELP !?

My left dash pro is not charging as well. help!

I bet this happened after an update because you didn’t update it properly and ended up corrupting the left Dash firmware. It’s happening so often because users are not following the very delicate update procedure properly and are bricking their left earbud

2 Likes

Hello @nevprado!

As mentioned in some of the other threads, please provide me with your Case ID so we can solve this as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Kristian

1 Like

My right dash seems to be goosed. Tried resitting it in the case, but just no joy. Can’t seem to get anything going on the right side.

It won’t let me do an update either, because they’re not breathing in sync.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lee

@Lee_Gathercole, out Technical Support Team are ready to help you at support@bragi.com!

Please send us an email :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kristian

My left dash pro also dead suddenly like yours… just 3 weeks after use

Please reach us at the live-chat section at www.bragi.com - Our competent Support Team will help you solving this :slight_smile:

My left earbud isn’t working either. So frustrating. Tried charging, Tried resetting, tried updating, its dead. Please help. I’m at my wits end. My issue ID is 327788.

My left earbud isn’t working either. So frustrating. Tried charging, Tried resetting, tried updating, its dead. Please help. I’m at my wits end. My issue ID is 327788.

Hi Joseph,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues.

I can see that Karl have contacted you this Monday with a troubleshooting solution, and it would be great if you could get back to him, in order to solve this issue :slight_smile:

Let me know if there is anything else.
Kristian - Team Bragi

Hi Kristian,

I am having the exact same issue as others, my left dash pro is not charging nor working.

It would be grateful if you help resolve this issue. My issue ID is 383000.

Hi,

Thanks for providing the case ID! I’ll follow up with our Support Team :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kristian

My left earbud is dead too.
What is going on here is this a scam ?
Case number 387683

hi, same case for me- as I can see its really common this trouble … my Request is #385852, but I bought my dash pro in Madrid but now I live in Mexico, can u help me please… I really need it

help me please… 350 euros is too much to have this issue ;(

1 Like

Hi, same issue here, can anyone help me? Way to expensive product to have too much trouble I think.

1 Like

Guys, please have this problem in mind when you buy this product! The Dash team could´t fix my issue casue it has been more than 1 year since I bought it, but as you can see, it is a very common problem and can appear anytime! I find this unaceptable, cause it is a fabric issue and should be always be repaired, same as when BMW call their specific models to be fix.

Hi,

Can you please provide your Case ID so I can check out the troubleshooting?

Looking forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Kristian - Team Bragi

i have a same problem.
what should i do?

Have you tried to contact our Customer Support yet? Our Technical Support Team can guide you trough some troubleshooting steps in order to identify the issue!

/Kristian

Same problem, I had an issue with charging too.

Will contact support and send an update!