Issue: Sped Up Playback

The internal music player’s speeding up one of my tracks (it’s a podcast). It plays fine in other players. The mediainfo is at the end of the post.

So what I theorize is happening is that the bitrate of 64kb/s is below what’s actually supported by The Dash, and it’s forcing the audio to be read at The Dash’s supported minimum. It’d be great if we could get an OS update that would fix this, thanks.

General
Complete name                            : F:\My Music\Playlist 2\Ep 13.mp3
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
File size                                : 130 MiB
Duration                                 : 4 h 38 min
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 64.0 kb/s
Recorded date                            : 2017-03-05 05:01

Audio
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Mode                                     : Joint stereo
Mode extension                           : Intensity Stereo + MS Stereo
Duration                                 : 4 h 38 min
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 64.0 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 24.0 kHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 128 MiB (98%)[/details]

Hey Surius_lee,

I got a response from the audio engineers on this one, it seems that this is a known issue and related to the audio decoders not supporting 24000 hz sampling rate for MP3/AAC files which causes the default value to be chosen.

This is being looked at for a possible future fix, in the meantime there is a fix which involves using an audio tool on your computer to resample the file to one of the supported sampling rates (16000, 22050, 32000, 44100, 48000)

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this helps!

I have had a problem with 32 kb/s data rate audio books. This rate is adequate for spoken audio though not great for music. The playback speed is correct for my files but several times in every hour the sound changes to a monotone squeal that replaces the spoken text. If playback is paused, the squeal ceases. When playback is resumed, the story continues again having skipped the portion replaced by the squeal. This happens at what seem to be random places in the playback every 5 to 19 minutes. My Dash works without this problem when playing high bit rate MP3 files.

How can I determine whether the sampling rate was 24 kHz for my audio files or is this a different issue?

Hello,

Thanks again for contributing here at Team Bragi.

I would kindly ask you to continue your conversation with our Technical Support Team, so we can help you responding all the different questions at once.

Kristian - Team Bragi