Bragi / Starkey Blame Game

For about 2 months now, I have been unable to get any sound out of my left Bragi Dash Pro tailored by Starkey ear bud. After trying multiple suggestions from Bragi support over the course of a month, they finally told me the only solution was to contact the audiologist I purchased them from. When I did so, the audiologist directed me to contact Starkey. Starkey’s reps so far have only directed me back Bragi. They claim that all repairs go through Bragi. Bragi, however, claims they cannot repair a Starkey device.

The most frustrating thing about this situation, is that Bragi has repaired these very ear buds already! They were a lemon out of the box–and Bragi sent them back to me after repairing whatever the issue was with the hardware. So the run around at this stage is simply unacceptable. I can’t understand how this company has managed to stay in business as long as they have so far, with the complete lack of straightforward problem solving.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with a non-working left earbud? I’ve invested a lot of time and effort into trying to get these to work again (for 600 dollars one would be rather unwise to just give up, in my opinion), and I am committed to finding a solution. Also, has anyone with the Starkey pair experienced issues getting them repaired?

@mattf1989:
I needed a repair on my Tailored Dash Pro and I had some problems. From the beginning my clearly stated position was that an electronics replacement was necessary, as the magnetometers seemed to be malfunctioning. However, on the first time back to Starkey they only did a “software adjustment” and a removal of “foreign material” (what?!) from inside of the right side. The issue was unresolved. Then on the second time, they claimed to replace the electronics in the right side. However, there was no change of serial numbers and my music was still there and the issue was unresolved. On the third try, they did in fact replace both left and right side electronics (the serials both changed and my music was gone) and the issue seems to have been resolved.

In addition, at the same time, the battery in The Charger failed. (Oh noes!) However, Starkey did not repair – at first – as they said they did. My Charger was repaired (not replaced) on a second try and Starkey scuffed it up.

I have 6 pairs of Bragi’s (soon to be 7) and, unfortunately, I have had to RMA previously. Based on my experience, I will say that the process of working with Bragi has been more satisfying than that of working with Starkey. With Bragi, my issues have always been resolved on the first try. Not so with Starkey, which is a shame. :frowning: The extra boom from the back vented drivers in the Tailored Dash Pro is totally worth the extra cost, IMO. (Not to mention the CustomFit and also not to imply that the bass response of the PerfectFit Dash Pro is by any means whimpy or lacking – quite the opposite, in fact.) :sunglasses:

Kind regards,
Josh

Ps. I just wanted to shout out to my Audiology team, who were great throughout the whole ordeal. If you want a Dash Pro Tailored by Starkey in the Seattle area, try Evergreen Speech and Hearing Clinics. They’re great!