BOS 3.1 what's in the file

I can’t seem to get a data file on what was contained in this update. I can care less about Alexa. I want a bug fix and updated features list. All I can see at this point are the short comings for this update. No new Activities, The battery indicator is missing, or is broken. I’m hoping the Heart Rate inaccuracy’s are fixed. BRAGI please tell us what’s in this update. I really don’t want to hear about Alexa. Alexa can only play my Amazon prime music and only if I have my phone with me, other than that under IOS it’s worthless to me.I was among the first to jump on the costly Starkey edition… So many things are not working well. I can’t workout with any confidence that the HR monitor is working properly. Connectivity to my Apple watch is iffy. Disconnects and loss of control plaque this setup. Poor activity choices (No cross fit, No strength training. Please!!! I implore you to communicate with your supporters/Customers.

I was looking forward to the battery indicator too, should I even bother trying to update? Who cares about Alexa anyway…

seems if you’re running Android it’s not available yet… like itranslate. so only bother if you’re running IOS

They publish release notes, available from the update.bragi.com.html file in The Dash via USB. Here are the notes from 3.1:

Release Features

The Dash is now Amazon Alexa-enabled.
	⟩ Currently available in English (US), English (UK) and German language.
	⟩ Apple products require iOS 10 or higher and an Amazon account. Bragi does not receive any of your Amazon account data at any time.
	⟩ Android products require Android 7.0 or higher and an Amazon account. Bragi does not receive any of your Amazon account data at any time.
	⟩ Simplified Connection Procedure: Removed BLE pairing mode on Left Dash (Long Hold Left)

Battery indication on phone’s status bar and in Bragi App.
	⟩ Currently available on iOS and Android devices that support this protocol.

All features stated above can be toggled on and off via the Bragi App.

Updates
	⟩ Overall system stability
	⟩ Improved battery indication in the Bragi App.
	⟩ Improved Bluetooth disconnection sequence when performing Long Hold touch gesture on the right side.
	⟩ Increased sensitivity of 4D Menu
	⟩ Increased detection sensitivity of auto tracking
	⟩ Improved algorithm for pace calculation
	⟩ Improvements of heart rate readings with new FitTips
	⟩ Fix for Google Assistant activation
	⟩ Correction for Spanish 100-numbers
	⟩ Improved audio experience during transfer of phone calls.
	⟩ Improved accuracy for calories burned

Connectivity
	⟩ Improved NFMI Left to Right Dash connection

Known Issues
	⟩ Left Dash may in some cases be unresponsive for a few seconds after ending a phone call/exit voice assistants
	⟩ In some circumstances during insertion minor sound artefacts can appear.
	⟩ In loud environments Amazon Alexa may not understand complex requests correctly.
	⟩ Audio volume may be perceived louder on the right side during phone calls.
	⟩ Samsung Galaxy S-Series only: Amazon Alexa cuts off the last word when replying.
	⟩ Due to a technical limitation on iOS devices: In some cases, Amazon Alexa cannot be activated when the Bragi App is in the background.
	⟩ Due to a technical limitation on iOS devices: In some cases, Amazon Alexa cannot start music playback when the Bragi App is in the background.
	⟩ Due to a technical limitation on iOS devices: Activating Amazon Alexa while using 3rd party media players, the audio quality of media playback is temporarily reduced.
	⟩ Depending on your phone’s Bluetooth performance, Amazon Alexa can take up to 10 seconds to become accessible after The Dash Audio System has connected to your phone.
	⟩ Depending on your phone’s Internet connectivity, there can be a delay between touch interactions and response from Amazon Alexa’s audio stream.
	⟩ On Android 8 only: In some cases the Amazon Alexa response is played back only on the right side.

Thank you for the info.

If you are on the Android 8.1 Beta Developer Preview, the battery indicator is showing up correctly. For those that are not, you will have to wait until your android device is upgraded to 8.1.

interesting! thanks for this update