Am I the only one? Waiting months

I was a kickstarter supporter of Bragi (eagerly waiting through the massive delays, even when features were cut such as the O2 Sensor)… I have multiple Bragi products but I think I’m done. I’ve been waiting since November for a replacement right Dash Pro. Every few weeks the excuse changes as to why they can’t replace it. I don’t get it. I can buy a new one online right now - are they only shipping to resellers?

I loved the product - there’s still nothing out there that is the right mix of size, features, water proof for me… but I used the things every single day and I have to replace them with something.

Are other people in the same boat? I’ve seen similar comments here and on the largest online retailer’s site. I’m about to file a complaint with the FTC for failing to honor a warranty.

@JasonG: I WISH I had been a Kickstarter backer of Bragi. You are very lucky! I actually even bought a used Kickstarter Dash! Anyway, I was under the impression that there is still an O2 sensor, but that there’s simply not any shipped code for it yet. Where did you get your information from?

Kind regards,
Josh

Ps. I am waiting for a replacement Dash Pro also since November. It’s less of an issue for me though, because I have multiple pairs. In fact, I just bought a second Tailored Dash Pro, which has far superior boom than the PerfectFit Dashes. Starkey seems to have stock, so why don’t you get one of those?

One of the kickstarter updates said they removed the O2 sensor functionality due to various constraints (time, cost, space, I’m not sure).

I also have more than one pair. That pair has a ~five minute (seriously) battery life in the right dash, so it’s dead as well. Bragi wouldn’t repair it because it was out of warranty (understandable, though I’d have been happy to have paid for it). You can’t swap the battery, so it’s useless. Ever try taking one apart? I’m thinking of trying it.

I considered a pair of tailored Dash Pros but have heard bad things from a friend of mine who does medical work for hard of hearing folks. She said the few people who like them really love them but the other 80% end up with something else after a short period. I also don’t want to go through the hassle of having another set of customs made. Maybe it’s better now, but my last pair (Ultimate Ears before Logitech bought them) took multiple attempts and months from start to finish.

Anyway - I just want the warranty honored and preferably some recompense at this point. I’m back to using my wired custom IEMs, which are great… but wired & not waterproof.

It’s also frustrating that I keep getting told a different story, though the shipping thing has stuck for a few weeks, now. I wonder if it’s a regulatory thing… or if they’re having financial issues as there shouldn’t be a shipping issue so complex it takes months to fix.

I was a staunch evangelist for Bragi for years; any time people asked about them I’d stop and give them instructions on where to buy - and a glowing recommendation.

Well, the tech. specs on the support site clearly state that there are dual pulse oximeters, so I think it might just be a software issue.

I don’t have any that I consider to be “spare” enough to open. But I have often wondered about all that is crammed into that tiny package. I think I read once that they use “ultra-sonic welding” or something. I bet you’d need a Dremel (sp?) or other small electric saw to get inside. Or maybe just a nutcracker?

The process of getting fitted and getting my initial pair was pretty painless, I thought. The molding goo was kind of cold – but it sounds like you know that. There was a comedy of errors in getting the fit adjusted (the first was a bit too tight, but the second was perfect) and getting a repair at the same time, but I did eventually get it resolved – after a few months. Was frustrated with both my audiologist and Starkey, but I totally kept my cool the whole time.

I’m sure that Bragi will get us our replacement pairs eventually. Maybe they could get us official Bragi T-Shirts or something (@Kristian :wink: )

Disappointing that you’ve been getting mixed messages from support, though.

Keep the faith! It’s too soon to give up! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Josh

First of all, thank you so much for backing us since the beginning Jason! It means a lot for the whole Team, and be sure that you’ve been very important in order for Bragi to scale as well.

I would really like to help you guys with the replacements, and I know it’s so frustrating not receiving anything. @JasonG, please provide your personal email to me in a DM, and I’ll have a look at the conversation wth our Support Team.

@Josh, thanks for always contributing in the team, helping people out with the positive approach you’re having. It’s really valuable to us! I’ll let you know once I have any news (I know you’ve received this message before), but be sure that I’ll do everything I can.

Make it a good day, and don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other inputs / constructive feedback.

Best,
Kristian - Team Bragi

2 Likes

I did send a PM but haven’t heard anything back. From Reddit and other places, I see people questioning whether or not Bragi is even still an active company with regards to the Dash (selling and producing things) or if it’s winding that business unit down.

It’s one thing to change business models and stop producing an item, it’s another thing entirely to not honor the warranty for items already sold. There are many people unable to get warranty service all over social media.

At this point, just send me a Headphone, Dash or fix my Dash Pro. Amazon has all of them in stock.
Also, please be honest. If you had told me three months ago that I couldn’t get this fixed for months, I would have gone and bought something to hold me over. Instead, I just sit and wait, like many other customers.

I work for a law firm and one of our business units occasionally handles product issues, including group/class action work. They were a little surprised no one has done anything on this yet considering how easy it is to find groups of people stuck in limbo.

Hi Jason,

You are not the only one. Im pretty much in the same boat as you. I too, sent in my unit around early Dec last year and while they confirmed receipt of my defective unit, they have been unable to proceed due to stock availability.

I find it regrettable that I was not informed that the replacement process could take months to fulfill. If I had known earlier, I would have bought another device to be used for the time being.

While the team has been polite and kind in their correspondence thus far, I find it hard to reconcile this with the frustration caused by the unknown waiting time. Till today, I have not receive a definite answer as to when I could receive the replacement unit, leaving me nothing but disappointment.

1 Like

I don’t think that Bragi is abandoning the Hearables market, based on their most recent press release (see my post in the Community section.) Please be patient and have hope!

1 Like

Yep I am in the same boat, totally bricked Dash Pros and nothing but excuses as why to why they cant replace.

Seriously unhappy first time (and last time!) Bragi customer.

I’ve been waiting over six months to have my pair of – pros return to me no one ever reaches out about every two weeks I leave a message nobody calls nothing is this company a failure

Can I please have your Case ID / Email in order to follow up on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Kristian

I have had the same issues that you and it looks like that they have serious problems to process the support when the solution is a repair or replacement. In the end the only solution was to buy a replacement in the secondary market that it works but obviously is not a support. The support is very polite but apart from that in the end you will loose your time. To be honest, and surprising, I have realised that the product is really working perfect with the replacement of the right dash and the original one never work perfect (the battery of the right dash I think it was damaged and randomly switch Off from time to time till death) but with the support process is almost impossible to solve this kind of imperfections. So yes, it is a pity. The product was nice in concept and some followers are enjoying their promises but a lot of customers are suffering in silence. Now it works for me after two years and a lot of time and money wasted but with the price of the dash it should not be like that.

1 Like

Yeah stuff these useless Bragi idiots. Customer service is the worse I have ever dealt with.

Rubbish product, even worse customer services. Criminals

ADVICE
DO NOT EVER BUY BRAGI PRODUCT.

@czm: Being frustrated does not warrant outright rudeness or libel. How would you like it if I judged you as being some dumb person because of your poor English? I believe that Bragi is trying their best. I believe that you were trying your best when you wrote your post. However, in both instances the end-product is less than perfect – just like anything in life. Everybody is at different places. Please treat Bragi the way that you would like to be treated.

2 Likes

Agreed! 100% on your statement buddy

Yes, I am also waiting.

I was told today that after consulting their senior management, they have yet to have any stock. This is despite me sending the unit in since December. My warranty expired in Feburary this year. Previously, Bragi indicated that their transport hub had some issue which would most probably be resolved by the end of March.

It’s ironic that the Dash Pro is being priced at a premium but there is 0 service recovery on Bragi’s part (indefinite waiting time, ambiguous reply and stalling on their part). I should not have been so greedy to have coveted the novel function of a built in translator and I bought it intending to use for my ongoing university exchange (which is sadly coming to an end soon). At this price, I could have gotten myself a Bose and a seperate translator and not have to go through this frustrating ordeal.

Case ID 383894 email address is
Jlach13@gmail.com

So it was exactly what I suspected, despite being told repeatedly by Bragi (and some fans) that it wasn’t the case.

Bragi dumped the hardware business and screwed anyone who bought the product.

I do not understand how it is allowable for a company to not honor the warranty. Some purchasers had failures almost immediately after purchase. Others of us have been waiting for many months.

I finally went out and bought an alternative product, which is the highest rated and still inferior to the Bragi design.

After helping to sell many units, owning three products myself, and being an early Kickstarter adopter, what are we to think? Extremely disappointed in how Bragi and the founder handled themselves here.

1 Like

I could not disagree. I really hope that the buyer will continue the product line… but I am sceptical. There are now a huge amount of product on the market, but none of them offers the complete control we have with the dash (pro). Bragi got a lot of bad ratings in reviews, but if you read them carefully it becomes obvious that the tester didn’t spend the time to choose the proper tips or to familiarize themselves with the touch input. Having a good product is simply not enough as soon as big companies like Senheiser start to enter the market… even with an inferior product. So it makes sense to sell the business and move to something else. Its only a pitty that its an unkown buyer. It would have been great to see the Dash-product-line continued by one of the large manufacturers.

And concerning your comment about warranty… yes - it is definatley embarassing. I hope that the future owner will honor the obligation, but again - I am pessimistic. Even if this happens it will take some time. And this does not help people who put their trust into a company.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for providing the case ID! I can see that you’ve been in contact with Lea, and be sure that we’ll contact you directly when we’ve proceeded the transition with the new acquirer :slight_smile:

Thanks for the patience once again.

Cheers,
Kristian - Team Bragi